Search this Site
New members only.
Activate your membership now
Locate a Member
Enter the first part of a member's last name to search
Selected articles and poems from our most recent edition of The Pharos are available for download below. You may also view past issues in our Back Issues section.
Download Selections from The Pharos Autumn 2016 Edition
This file requires Adobe® Acrobat Reader
Articles marked with an arrow may be downloaded individually. For articles not marked, please contact Dee Martinez.
In this Issue:
- Information and cognitive overload: How much is too much?
Richard L. Byyny, MD, FACP
- Managing mission tensions in academic health centers
Page S. Morahan, PhD; Sharon L. Newbill, PhD; Diane Magrane, MD; Sally Shumaker, PhD; Douglas Easterling, PhD; Aleya A. Lyn, MS; Deborah Helitzer, ScD; Gina Cardinali, MSW; Shine Chang, PhD
- The 20th General Hospital: The reach of formalized medicine during World War II
- History of present illness
- The slavery hypertension hypothesis: A flawed explanation for its prevalence in African-Americans
- Speaking for a world at war: John McCrae, physician, soldier, poet
Terrence Montague, CM, CD, MD
- Shakespearean syphilis:An aggressive disease in evolution
Gregory W. Rutecki, MD
News and Features
- Medicine in the movies – Real and unreal: The two worlds of Room
Amy Haddad, PhD
- Reviews and Reflections
- The Wound Dresser
- My Degeneration: A Journey Through Parkinson’s (Graphic Medicine)
- Pulse—voices from the heart of medicine: Editors’ Picks
- Letters to the editor
- National and Chapter news
Updated on November 23, 2016.
© 2017 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society