Search this Site
New members only.
Activate your membership now
Locate a Member
Enter the first part of a member's last name to search
2010 Councilor Meeting
Left to right: Yvette Rooks, Debbie Lancaster, Frank Schimpfhauser, Charles Billington.
A meeting for councilors old and new was held on April 17, 2010, at the Brown Palace Hotel in downtown Denver.
Councilors were welcomed by Dr. Eric Gall, formerly a councilor director on the AΩA board of directors, and councilor at the Chicago Medical School and the University of Arizona, and by Dr. Rae-Ellen Kavey, president of the board of directors. They were followed by past president of the board of directors Dr. David C. Dale, who presented a short history of AΩA. Marilyn Saltzman of Schoolhouse Communications followed Dr. Dale with a talk on AΩA's PR initiatives and distribution of a survey to the attendees. An overview of national programs and the updated AΩA web site was presented by Debbie Lancaster, managing editor of The Pharos.
The general meeting was followed by three break-out sessions: How to Be a Great Councilor, moderated by Dr. Gall; discussion of chapter programs with Dr. Kavey and Dr. Sheryl Pfeil, councilor at Ohio State University and councilor director of the board of directors of AΩA; and How to Conduct Elections/Inductions, presided over by Dr. Dale.
Following the break-out sessions, attendees reconvened to review the main points brought up in the sessions, followed by a presentation on residents' initiatives by Dr. Suzann Pershing, coordinator of residency initiatives on the board of directors.
The meeting wrapped up with recommendations for the next councilor's meeting.
Left to right: Charles A. (Tony) Howard, Jim Sebastian, Lisa Farmer, Peter Dans, Amelia Drake, Kevin Klein.
- Mary Ann Antonelli, MD, University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine
- Billy Ray Ballard, MD, DDS, Meharry Medical College School of Medicine
- Charles Billington, MD, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Eugene Boisaubin, MD, University of Texas Medical School at Houston
- John C. M. Brust, MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Christopher Cooper, MD, University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine
- David C. Dale, past president of the board of directors of Alpha Omega Alpha
- Peter E. Dans, MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Amelia Drake, MD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine
- Lisa Farmer, MD, University of Texas Medical School at Galveston
- John P. Flaherty, MD, Northwestern University, The Feinberg School of Medicine
- Carl Fuhrman, MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Eric P. Gall, MD, MACP, MACR, past councilor director of the board of directors of Alpha Omega Alpha
- Robert Goldstein, MD, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine
- Richard B. Gunderman, MD, PhD, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Edward D. Harris, Jr., MD, Executive Director of Alpha Omega Alpha
- Paul Holtom, MD, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
- Charles Anthony Howard, MD, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- William Hunter, MD, Creighton University School of Medicine
- Rae-Ellen Kavey, MD, president of the board of directors of Alpha Omega Alpha
- Kevin Klein, MD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Debbie Lancaster, managing editor, The Pharos
- Cathy J. Lazarus, MD, The Chicago Medical School
- Amy Lee, MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Mark Mendelsohn, MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Mark L. Montgomery, MD, Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine
- K. Patrick Ober, MD, Wake Forest University Health Sciences School of Medicine
- Tony Ogburn, MD, University of New Mexico School of Medicine
- Charles A. Owens, MD, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine
- Thomas R. Pellegrino, MD, Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Sheryl Pfeil, MD, Ohio State University College of Medicine and councilor director of the board of directors of Alpha Omega Alpha
- Stephanie Reilly, MD, University of Alabama School of Medicine
- Timothy Ridgway, MD, Sanford School of Medicine of the University of South Dakota
- Yvette Rooks, MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Frank Schimpfhauser, PhD, University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- James Sebastian, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Morton E. Smith, Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine
- Joshua T. Thornhill IV, MD, University of South Carolina School of Medicine
- Judy Yee, Administrator, Alpha Omega Alpha
Updated on May 4, 2010.
© 2017 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society