Search this Site
New members only.
Activate your membership now
Locate a Member
Enter the first part of a member's last name to search
Download Selections from The Pharos Autumn 2016 Edition
This file requires Adobe® Acrobat Reader
Articles marked with an arrow may be downloaded individually. For articles not marked, please contact Dee Martinez.
In this Issue:
- Information and cognitive overload: How much is too much?
Richard L. Byyny, MD, FACP
- Managing mission tensions in academic health centers
Page S. Morahan, PhD; Sharon L. Newbill, PhD; Diane Magrane, MD; Sally Shumaker, PhD; Douglas Easterling, PhD; Aleya A. Lyn, MS; Deborah Helitzer, ScD; Gina Cardinali, MSW; Shine Chang, PhD
- The 20th General Hospital: The reach of formalized medicine during World War II
- History of present illness
- The slavery hypertension hypothesis: A flawed explanation for its prevalence in African-Americans
- Speaking for a world at war: John McCrae, physician, soldier, poet
Terrence Montague, CM, CD, MD
- Shakespearean syphilis:An aggressive disease in evolution
Gregory W. Rutecki, MD
News and Features
- Medicine in the movies – Real and unreal: The two worlds of Room
Amy Haddad, PhD
- Reviews and Reflections
- The Wound Dresser
- My Degeneration: A Journey Through Parkinson’s (Graphic Medicine)
- Pulse—voices from the heart of medicine: Editors’ Picks
- Letters to the editor
- National and Chapter news
Updated on November 23, 2016.
© 2017 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society