Locate a Member
Enter the first part of a member's last name to search
New Member Registration
Search this Site
12635 E. Montview Blvd., Suite 270
Aurora, CO 80045
P: (720) 859-4149
F: (720) 859-4158
2019 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society Professionalism AwardPurpose
To recognize best practices in medical professionalism education.Background
Alpha Omega Alpha is seeking nominations for ongoing programs in medical schools or other institutions that represent best practices in the teaching and learning of medical professionalism. Individuals or teams may apply. Programs should:
- Include medical students, residents, faculty, and other health care team members;
- Show evidence of effectiveness;
- Show evidence of sustainability; and
- Be exportable to other medical institutions
A one-time award of $10,000 to recognize and honor faculty, programs, and institutions with the best practices in medical professionalism education. Up to three awards will be presented each year.Eligibility
Programs at medical schools, or institutions affiliated with medical schools, that have a professionalism program that has produced proven outcomes are eligible.
Medical schools that have received the Professionalism Award are not eligible to submit another application for three subsequent years.
All AΩA members included in the nomination packet must have active status in AΩA.
- Leaders of the programs may be asked to attend a medical professionalism conference sponsored by AΩA to present their programs. Expenses will be paid by AΩA.
- Attendees of the conference may be requested to submit a Chapter for possible inclusion in a monograph to be published by AΩA. Submission Requirements
The application must include:
- The completed checklist (Download here)
- Description of the program, including:
- Purpose and background
- Categories of participants
- Data to substantiate the program
- Implementation details
- Effectiveness measures
- Sustainability measures
- Exportability measures
Nominations should be emailed to Libby Appel at email@example.com by November 1, 2018.
Awardees will be notified December 3, 2018.
Updated on March 5, 2019.