Search this Site
New members only.
Activate your membership now
Locate a Member
Enter member's last name to search
2013 Visiting ProfessorshipsEligibility
Any medical school with an active AΩA chapter may host one visiting professorship during each academic year, funded by the national office.
Requirements for the Visit
- The visiting professor shall contribute one full day or more of teaching and interacting with students, residents, and faculty.
- The event shall be titled the "AΩA Visiting Professorship" and this title shall be included on posters, announcements, and press releases.
- The AΩA Chapter must submit a one-page summary of the visit and activities to the national office within 30 days of the visit for auditing purposes.
- Clinical rounds, research discussions, teaching conferences, or seminars
- One or more sessions on leadership and/or medical professionalism
- Departmental Grand Rounds
- Present a major address to the medical school community or attend and present at the annual AΩA nomination banquet
Organization and Arrangements
The AΩA councilor, in consultation with the chapter's student members and other members of the faculty, will select the visiting professor from an organization other than their own. At least six weeks before the visit, the councilor must complete the online submission using the link below.
Submit Visiting Professor Information
Funds provided by the AΩA national office include:
- Actual coach airfare and/or coach ground transportation
- Standard hotel room for one or two nights
- Meals, exclusive of official functions planned and funded by the chapter or school
- Honorarium of $1500 paid at time of expense reimbursement. The visiting professor may donate the honorarium to the hosting chapter.
Expenses expected to exceed the usual for items 1, 2, and 3 must be approved by the national office before the visit.
Requests for expense reimbursement should be submitted on the AΩA Expense Reimbursement form (Excel file). Funds will be paid directly to the professor, his/her university, or to the inviting chapter.
© 2013 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society